Thyroid disease is extremely common in the United States and very often goes undiagnosed. Hypothyroidism in particular is regularly overlooked because many doctors use only TSH measurements to look for thyroid disease.
It is important to work with a doctor who specializes in the treatment of what is often called subclinical hypothyroidism, like those on staff at Paracelsus. Our doctors can interpret your test results and provide an appropriate treatment plan. Most patients with thyroid disease also have other related health problems that are contributing to their symptoms. We make sure to check for these too and provide an appropriate treatment plan.
Assessment and Treatments of Thyroid Disease
- Comprehensive thyroid testing, including free hormones and antibodies
- Testing for related health issues such as adrenal fatigue and vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Natural thyroid replacements, such as Armour Thyroid or Nature Thyroid
- Compounded thyroid preparations
- Understanding and treating causes of autoimmune thyroid disease, such as Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Natural treatment for thyroid eye disease in Graves’ patients
- Comprehensive care for patients with hyperthyroidism
- Detoxification and allergy testing
In the Know: Common Thyroid Conditions
While most people are familiar with an under- or overactive thyroid, there are a number of conditions in these two categories that can negatively impact an individual’s health.
The most common form of hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) is Graves’ Disease. In this condition, the body attacks the thyroid, forcing it to become overactive. Women are affected to a greater extent than men, and it is commonly found in patients under the age of 40.
For hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), the most common cause is Hashimoto’s Disease. It affects women nearly 7 times more than men, and occurs usually during middle age.
The doctors at Paracelsus can help with treatment for your specific thyroid condition.
Meet Our Doctors
Words from Our Patients
In one visit, Dr. Barker was able to assess my thyroid issue. He properly changed my medication and also added a homeopathic remedy. The results were rapidly dramatic – symptoms immediately disappeared.
Do you have a question about your thyroid?
If you have been diagnosed with a thyroid condition, or if you have three or more of the symptoms listed above, call now to arrange a visit to get your thyroid checked.